Your generosity will provide hope for years to come through cash donations and planned gifts. Unlike cash donations, planned gifts are typically made through the use of assets other than your day-to-day disposable income. Cash and planned gifts not only support the mission of the Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation, your gifts also offer potential tax benefits to you and your heirs.
Whether you want to see your generosity in action now or provide support for the important work of the Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation after your lifetime, you can find a vehicle to accomplish your goals by making a planned gift and building your legacy.
How Can I Start Building My Legacy?
Your support makes a difference. Start building your legacy by reviewing popular planned giving options below.
GIFTS DURING LIFE
- Cash gifts have an immediate impact for both you and the Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation.
- You have the choice as to how your cash gift is used and your cash gift qualifies for an income tax charitable deduction.
Gifts of Appreciated Securities
- Gifting appreciated securities that you have owned for more than one year contributes to the immediate needs of the Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation and provides tax benefits for you.
- By making a gift of appreciated securities, you may qualify for an income tax charitable deduction equal to the full fair market value of the donated securities. You may also reduce or eliminate your capital gains tax liability on the securities donated.
Gifts from Your Individual Retirement Account (IRA)
- If you are over age 70 ½, you can make a gift of up to $100,000 per year from your IRA to support the Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation without paying income tax on your gift.
- If you are over age 73, your gift to the Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation can also be used to satisfy all or part of your Required Minimum Distributions (RMD) from your IRA.
GIFTS AFTER LIFE
Gifts Through Your Will or Revocable Trust
- Including the Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation in your Will or Revocable Trust allows you to support the organization in a meaningful way without impacting your current day-to-day disposable income.
- You have the flexibility to provide for a gift of a specific amount or a fraction (or percentage) of your estate that will adjust the amount of your gift as circumstances change. You can also generally revoke these gifts at any time during your life.
Gifts of Life Insurance
- Designating the Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation as a primary or contingent beneficiary under one or more life insurance policies provides a substantial charitable benefit without jeopardizing your current financial security.
- You have the flexibility to modify or change any beneficiary designation during your life as your circumstances change, in addition to other potential tax benefits.
Gifts from Retirement Plans
- Designating the Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation as a beneficiary under your IRA, 401(k), or other retirement plan can provide substantial income tax savings while making a large charitable impact.
- You retain the flexibility to modify or change any beneficiary designation during your life as your circumstances change.
These are just a few of the many planned giving options available as you start building your legacy. For more information, or to discuss other ways to support the Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation, please contact Rachel Tilson, Director of Development, at 380-900-6597 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page is intended to provide information only and should not be construed as legal, investment, tax, or other advice. Prior to making any gift, donors should consult with their legal, investment, tax, and/or other professional advisors.