Suicide Prevention awareness, education, and programming has increased throughout Ohio in recent years… However,
Your help is needed to
continue this critical work!
Statistics from the Ohio Violent Death Reporting System are still troubling:
- Suicides make up 65% of Ohio’s violent deaths
- Ohio loses roughly 5 people a day to suicide
- Ohio’s suicide rate is above the national average at 13.5 deaths per 100,000 individuals
- The majority of Ohio suicide deaths occur in adult men
- The highest Ohio suicide rate occurs in older adult men (65+) with a rate of 38.6 per 100,000
- Over 90% of those who die by suicide have a diagnosable mental health condition at the time of death
- Ohio trends and statistics for youth suicides also demonstrate a need to strengthen suicide prevention efforts in the State.
You can help prevent these tragic deaths
OSPF has traditionally used state and federal government grants to enable and support:
- local suicide prevention efforts
- statewide suicide prevention training and research
- evidence-based suicide prevention programming and education
- AND MORE! Go to OSPF’s Resource Page for more information on OSPF programs.
Please give back to OSPF by donating via PayPal or by Mail to ensure that Ohio suicide prevention efforts continue!
We appreciate your continued support and shared mission to promote suicide prevention efforts across the State of Ohio!